How much do you know about the different smells that you can sense? As there are different groups for color palettes and tastes, researchers have recently concluded there are 10 basic groups of smells. You can imagine that it’s hard to create these groups, as there are so many different smells and odors that are both complex and multifaceted. We always say something smells smoky or sour, but there haven’t been any specific basic categories of these until now. The NOSA-team find this is very interesting and we would, therefore, like to share some valuable information with you 🙂
These are the 10 basic smells:
- Fragrant (think of nice florals and perfumes)
- Fruity (this relates to all non-citrus fruits)
- Citrus (obviously, this relates to lemon, lime, orange)
- Woody and resinous (think of the feeling of pine or fresh cut grass)
- Chemical (think of strong odors as ammonia and bleach)
- Sweet (we all love the smell of candy like chocolate, vanilla and caramel)
- Minty and peppermint (think of the scent of NOSA plugs, also eucalyptus)
- Toasted and nutty (this is a nice category as it relates to popcorn, peanut butter and almonds)
- Pungent (these are odors we don’t like, like blue cheese and cigar smoke)
- Decayed (this category is also not so popular, like rotting meat and sour milk)
Did you know any of this? We are so happy that NOSA plugs fits in the minty and peppermint category, as it has a menthol scent. This means it is so powerful, that you most likely cannot sense the other unpleasant odors like the pungent and decayed categories – which is the whole idea of NOSA plugs.
Let us know if you enjoyed reading this post! 🙂 Don’t forget to use your NOSA plugs in order to get rid of unpleasant odors.